Re: hw recommendations?

Whitley CTR Cecil H wrote:
Does the via vt8237 s-ata function have built-in support in the fc1 amd64 test 1 release? If not, what's the best way of getting there from here when the only hd in a system is s-ata?

It didn't work for me on my Asus K8V Deluxe, but I'm not sure if it is the Via or Promise chipset (and I don't have it handy to check). I had to install a UDMA drive alongside the SATA until I got it booted up and installed. A kernel upgrade to the latest errata brought SATA to life, and so I moved everything over to it after install, but I haven't booted from it yet. Someone else has reported they rebuilt the BOOT kernel for the installer...maybe they have some advice on making that go.
--
Joe Cooper <joe swelltech com>
Web caching appliances and support.