Promise 20378 SATA controller and FC2 Test1 first impressions ...

Well, the good news is that FC2 Test1 does recognize the controller. The down side is it does not support the BIOS created RAID sets defined within Promise's BIOS. I ended up disabling the controller to operate in RAID and have it treat it as IDE (which basically it was anyways). I then setup my two drives using software RAID. Question for anyone who can answer (have has an opinion), will FC2 eventually support the BIOS created RAID images or are we stuck using software RAID and dumb down the controller to basically act as an IDE interface. BTW guys, thanks for your work on getting this out and into our hands.