Re: lock up on install - Dell laptop as well (fixed)

Rick Johnson wrote:
BC wrote:

I tried to install but it locks up at the fedora splash screen. Error I get are:

I have an Abit motherboard with via chipset SATA Hard drive.

1) HDE lost interuppt on boot 10 mesages --- SATA drive

It finally boots and goes to splash screen then locks up

Not to be me too, but I'm getting the same error booting from an IDE-CDROM within a Dell Lattitude CPx laptop.

<6>ice-cd: cmd 0x28 timed out
<4>hdc: DMA interrupt recovery
<4>hdc: lost interrupt

The media md5sum's just fine, so it's not a bad disc.

-Rick

passing ide=nodma at the boot loader seems to have solved that problem.

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.