Re: signall 11 while beginning install

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:23:02 -0800
Darrell Esau wrote:
> Hello all,
> "install exited abnormally -- received signal 11"

I had to pop out my Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card for it to install...

Putting it back in later will create a eth1 device so you have to use 'Network Device Control' to add it when you're up and running.

Ummmm.... since eth1 is autocreated according to /proc/net/dev, 'Network Device Control' should at least display a eth1 line with 'unconfigured'.  Thus giving newbies a clue to configure it.

-eric wood