Re: FC2 test1: pcmcia problems on dell i8100

Alexander Volovics wrote:

I have read the bugreport you mentioned in a previous mail and tried booting with 'acpi=off' and 'pci=noacpi'. This makes no difference in my case.

I simply cannot get eth0 started, and 'yenta_socket' is never loaded.
After modprobing 'yenta_socket' and trying (for example)
/sbin/ifup eth0 I always get the following:

  interface 'eth0' not found
  /bin/true
  xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
  initialization

and eth0 is never activated.

And "/sbin/cardctl ident" gives no info about the card, only
'no product info available'.

Strangely enough, after the modprobe, restart pcmcia (service pcmcia restart), then ifup eth0. That seems to work for me on my Lattitude CPx.

-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.