FC2test1, smbfs/cifs, problems

I see smbfs is missing from the FC2 kernels, and assume this cifs
is the replacement. Anyways, when I try to mount a share, I get:

mount /nexus/heap/
mount: Connection refused

I ran a nc -l -p 139 on my machine, and found the thing tryint to
access localhost, instead of the remote server. If I replace the
remote server's name with its IP, I get:

[root zenith cifs]# mount /nexus/heap/
mount: block device //192.70.172.142/heap is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount block device //192.70.172.142/heap read-only

smbclient confirmed that samba is workin on the remote server and
that I can access it.

strace on the mount shows something about accessing:
/sbin/mount.cifs. The mount.cifs(8) page also mensions this.
However, I lack this file (yet I have mount.smb and .smbfs), yet my
kernel lacks smbfs.ko etc, but has cifs.ko.

Help!

--
// scopira.org | ninjacoder.com //