Re: Garzik and the libata (SATA) committee

Pekka Pietikainen wrote:

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:59:06PM -0700, raxet wrote:

Now even with copying the tainted drivers sata_promise.o and scsi_mod.o to diskette in place of the ft3xx.o, this routine WON'T
work with FC2 Test 1 install iso's.

GREAT! If anyone knows of a fix to this total TRAVESTY let me know.

RaXeT

I attempted a install onto a promise SATA drive some time before test1 from rawhide
and could get the disk working by going into the shell, uncompressing modules.cgz
to /tmp and insmoding libata/sata_promise/sd/whatnot.

It blew up after partitioning though, but that was probably something else :-) Probably should grab the final and poke around a bit I suppose, probably
just a matter of giving the installer relevant pci ids and drivers.

Nope that won't work. I have been poking this thing for a whole day. What a bunch of *&%(&($*#&%

RaXeT