What happened to version.h?

I've just installed FC2 without a any particular problem--all looks OK.
But, I tried to compile a newer ALSA and it failed for lack of
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h. Indeed, when I look in the
source tree--which is certainly there--version.h is not there. Is there
some new procedure re the 2.6 kernels that I'm unaware of?