Re: missing boot disk.img

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 20:34 +0100, Gerrit wrote:

> Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > A workaround that does it for me:
> >
> > cd [install_directory]/isolinux
> > cp vmlinuz /boot/vmlinuz-1.90
> > cp initrd.img /boot/initrd-1.90.img
>
> > title Fedora test1 (1.90) installer
> >         root(hd0,0)
> >         kernel /vmlinuz-1.90
> >         initrd /initrd-1.90.img
>
> Thanks - this works great! Why isn't this documented as such? Is it not
> guaranteed to work? If I'd known this before, I'd used it even when a
> boot disk was available - never thought of the possibility.

Don't know why it's not documented.  Did a lot of googling and finally
found some clues in mailing lists that it might be possible to boot the
installer using GRUB, but no real documentation.  The above was worked
out by the good old trial/error method.  How about it Fedora guys?  Are
we missing something?

Phil