FC2 test1 on a laptop

OK, I did an NFS install and it worked fine (the NIC works which is more than
I can say about some other systems I tried).  However, slow is being
optimistic!  It is a Compaq 2700 Presario and not that bad but not up to
running FC1 from the looks of it.  This one is going to tay FC1 since that
seems OK.  Maybe it is time for a new laptop/notebook ... I saw a eMachines
Athlon64 today at Best Buy ... $1299 with 512MB ram.
--
Gene