Artsd + alsa == problems

Is it just me or artds doesnt like alsa? I'm using a Sb live audio card and I get lots of errors from artsd ... all the time they appear , saying something like "cpu overloaded. error"... (forgot to write the message down and now I'm away from fc2t1).

Btw , why alsa-utils isnt installed by default if a sound card is detected and some audio apps are installed?
One of the things that I've noticed that need some tweaking: system-config-sound . It doesnt unmute the necessary channels and doesnt give you an option to raise the volume , so you end up thinking that sound isnt working at all...

I'm gonna look for answers for this in bugzilla ...

Pedro Macedo