Re: FC2 and soundcards

Jack Bowling wrote:

The soundcard detection code in FC2 is borked. Has this code been made to
work with ALSA yet? Says it can't find any soundcards. So I did what I always
do for ALSA, load the snd-* modules manually and download and install gnome-alsamixer. I suggest that this last app be considered for inclusion in stock FC. It really helps get things going with ALSA for Gnome users. It can be found via the Applications link on the ALSA Project page

I agree. I installed FC2 two days ago, so far it works great but it didn't detect my Live 5.1 soundcard- I haven't come round to installing it manually yet.

--
Regards, Jakub