Re: fedora-test-list digest, Vol 1 #535 - 29 msgs

listmail wrote:

03. Kernel 2.6 claimed to be much faster, not obvious to me.

Weird.. after installing FC2t1 , it looked like I had bought a new processor and more ram...

Hmm, I keep my FC1 prelink cache up to date so maybe you are noticing
that. I'm sure there will be a difference in heavy multitasking
situations in the final release.

Probably this is the cause.. I use fedora mostly at work.. my personal computer runs other os almost all day...
However , FC2 on my machine is faster then FC1 on my work machine (and the hardware configurations are almost
the same , except for the sound and video card and number of hard disks.)
I'm gonna run the prelink cronjob on FC1 here and see if it makes a lot of difference...

Pedro Macedo