FC2 Upgrade (how I resolved USB, Samba, and sound problems)

When I upgraded to the FC2 Test I ran into four major problems:
1) My USB didn't work (since I have a USB mouse this is important)
2) Samba mounts no-longer worked (reported the error "smbfs not supported by kernel")
3) My sound card drivers didn't load
4) My ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Driver won't compile so 3D acceleration is disabled [unresolved]

Solution to number one:
* Open /etc/modprobe.conf.dist in an editor (or modprobe.conf - my modprobe.conf just forwarded to my modprobe.conf.dist)
* Add the line "alias usb-controller uhci-hcd"
* For some reason (at least for me) the usb controller was not setup to load because that line was missing

Solution to number two:
* Change directory to your linux source (for me this was /usr/src/linux-2.6.2-1.79/)
* run "make menuconfig" and locate the samba file system in the menus, turn it into a module
* recompile the kernel
* copy smbfs.ko from <linux source>/fs/smbfs/ to <linux modules>/kernel/fs/smbfs/ (for my linux modules was /lib/modules/2.6.1-1.65)
* modprobe smbfs

Solution to number three:
* Open /etc/modprobe.conf.dist in an editor (see solution to 1 for note)
* Add the appropriate lines for your sound card, this information is available at the ALSA website (http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/)
* Restart

Solution to number four:
* I haven't solved this one, if someone knows how to get the AIW 9800 driver to compile I'd really appreciate help with it