Re: FC2 Test 1 w/ Dell CSX H500xt

On Feb 15, 2004, Eric Kolve <ekolve comcast net> wrote:

> I just put FC2 Test 1 on a Dell CSX H500xt and upon starting up I
> get a mysterious message that "Critical temperature reached (-296 C)
> halting".

Already reported in another thread.  Upgrading to the current
development kernel should fix it.  Booting with acpi=off or removing
the battery works around it such that you can get that far.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva {lsd ic unicamp br, gnu.org}
Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva {redhat com, gcc.gnu.org}