FC2 test kernel panic, unable to boot install...

I am unable to boot the install CD for FC2 test1. Either GUI or linux
text ends up after resolving my scsi driver aic7xxx, it hangs. If I
switch to Alt-Ctrl-F4  prior to the hang it displays:
request-module: failed /sbin/modprobe --char-major-21-0. error= -16
(twice)

and then after a long message scrolls off the screen:
kernel panic: Fatal exception in interrupt
Interrupt handler no syncing

Box is a Gateway 333 Mhz
scsi drives
125 Mb memory