Re: FC2 First Impressions (Nautilus, Sound and Evolution)

Steve Bergman wrote:

I just subscribed, so I'm getting in in the middle of this, but IMO ALSA defaulting to volume 0 at first boot should be considered a bug. Sigh... This could only happen in Linux/Unix.

It's a fair argument. I don't know why the Alsa guys have it that way.

What you could do in the meantime is merely build an asound file without muting and let that be the default when the sound card's been discovered.

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley earthlink net