Re: Parser Error UTF-8 Encoding during FC2-test1 Install

David Finch wrote:

Some problems regarding a file containing spanish translation? I got lots of those warnings and always the same sentence... looks like someone forgot to define the encoding of the translation file...

Like this?

/usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf:12: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
     Manual de la miniaplicaic� Lista de ventanas V2.6
                              ^
/usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf:12: error: Bytes: 0xF3 0x6E 0x20 0x4C
     Manual de la miniaplicaic� Lista de ventanas V2.6
                              ^
OMF file does not exist, is not readable, or is not well-formed XML: /usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf
Unable to register /usr/share/omf/gnome-panel/window-list-es.omf

Yes, That would be the one!

Of the 16 files (from my install) that didn't load properly, Nautilus and Evolution were on the list. I was looking over the mailing list, and problems with these two applications appear to be a common theme, besides sound of course, and ACPI which I haven't had a chance to look into yet. Does anyone know the magnitude of the translation issue above? It doesn't sound that bad, but the side effects of the problem seem to be far reaching.