Re: Creating boot section from /boot partitition

John Hodrien wrote:

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Jaak Simm wrote:

I found out that my fedora2 installation actually did try to put grub into MBR. But for some reason it is not there. I also swapped my partitions, so /boot is now primary (on /dev/hda4), not extended.
Also tried installing grub myself in "linux rescue" mode by:
grub
root (hd0,3)
setup (hd0)

I'd try grub-install /dev/hda myself. Oddness abound.

Now did grub-install /dev/hda, it reported no errors, but still windows loader is booting.
Very strange, could there be a reason why grub does not configure itself correctly? An incorrect partition table or MBR address? I remember the install complaining something about the grub and partitions. I guess I have to check it again.

Jaak