Re: No Floppies?

This is from the grub mailing list. I don't know if it works but I 've used smb myself and booted from cd drives that were not supported. You can give it a try.
http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/

It is possible to get grub to boot SBM from a file using erm, is it
memlinux? which will then boot a CD - works fine on my grub rescue
floppy.

Briefly - get smbinst, and make an smbfloppy.

dd if=/dev/floppy of=sbm.img bs=1k count=18

(thats for version 3.71 - newer releases may take more space)

get memdisk from the syslinux package and put it in your boot directory
with the sbm.img

then have a stanza in menu.lst like:

        title Smart Boot Manager (boot CDs!)
                kernel /boot/memdisk