Re: x864_64 up2date gone wild.

Gene C. wrote:
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 19:08, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

[snip]

Still, this just feels wrong.  The x86_64 channel should include any
necessary i386 stuff.

Don't disagree ... don't agree. What this comes down to is that I do not know what the "right" answer is.

In order for things to work properly when the i386 support is not contained in the x86_64 channel, all the i386 packages that contain binaries as well as libraries would have to be split in two. I don't believe this has been done.