Re: Synaptics touchpad - how do I get it to work?

On 17.02.2004 22:37, Paul Nasrat wrote:

kudzu now supports synaptics via evdev:

Does it do anything when it detects one?

Well if you are really keen you can install binary synaptics rpm from
http://pauln.truemesh.com/rpms/synaptics/

Thanks, I already compiled 0.12.4 myself - works perfectly again!

As far as the gpm patches go I did look at them and they include extensive refactoring from upstream.

Hm, I do not quite understand it. "gpm -m /dev/input/mouse0 -t help" already (gpm-1.20.1-41) lists "syn" and "synps2" mouse types, but I could not get it to actually work with any of them...

--
Aleksey Nogin

Home Page: http://nogin.org/
E-Mail: nogin cs caltech edu (office), aleksey nogin org (personal)
Office: Jorgensen 70, tel: (626) 395-2907