Re: Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable defaultof linux

I find it interesting that most people who dislike the new spatial mode
also add a comment that they don't actually use Nautilus. For any change
there will always be some people who don't like it. Hopefully the people
who actually use Nautilus will like it better.

Anyway, the default behaviour is decided and won't change. Maybe at some
point before 2.6 we'll add a preference that lets you default to
navigational mode. However, we'd like to force people to use spatial
mode in order to flush out all bugs from it (and make some people notice
that its actually nice).

Well, I didn't add a comment that I dont use nautilus, I do use it and don't mind it (actually, i quite like it). I can accept that this is the default behaviour, and I am comfy to test it in the mean time.

What I was moaning about, is the lack of choice, the inability to exercise a choice to maintain the current default behaviour.

I was trying to copy a file from ~/dvdrip/harrypotter/avi/001/cos.ogm to /home/movies/kids/harrypotter.

Using the new spatial mode opened *FOUR* windows to get to the movie.
Open a new "Computer" window and then *FIVE* new windows to get it to where I wanted to move the file.

So I had a total of 9 windows open to move one file.

I don't like the fact that some people feel we have to copy other operating systems behaviour, but I can live with it.

What drives me nuts is when you are forced to choose their way, or the highway.

Cheers