Re: Lets take the worst of windows and make it theunchangeable default of linux

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 12:04, Stephen Moore wrote:

> I don't like the fact that some people feel we have to copy other
> operating systems behaviour, but I can live with it.

Can people please get a clue about this. I get pretty irritated when
people think I implement a major change to a piece of software that I
maintain "just to be like windows". Its fucking insulting, and is pretty
close to just calling me a moron straight out.

This change was not some random hare-brained copy-windows move. In fact,
windows isn't even spatial at all (although some other oses are, like
macos 9). The rationale and detailed discussions about the move to a
spatial model and the pros and cons has been discussed in detail on the
nautilus and gnome lists.

The fact that you dislike a decision does not mean that the decision
must have been stupid.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish native American stage actor with acid for blood. She's a
plucky red-headed stripper from beyond the grave. They fight crime!