Upgrading from Red Hat 9

<<So there is not boot disk....I have seen like 5 submissions regarding
this and I think we can all agree that there is no bootdisk.img :)

However, Red Hat 9 does have a boot disk so I am going to install Red
Hat 9 on my laptop and then I am wondering if there is an easy way to
upgrade to Fedore Core 2 without having to boot off the cd??  Can I just
run a command that will start upgrading?

As a side note, my Fedora Core 2 Disk 1 will not boot up on my computer
that can boot off a cd-rom....what gives?  I really don't want all the
time I spent downloading the cds to be a waste of time.  Do I have to do
something to the CD?  (I downloaded the rpms one)>>

Same problem as well.