Xsane not working after editing scanner config file

I've always been able to get my Epson 1240U scanner to work with Xsane by
editing the /etc/sane.d/epson.conf file - removing the comment character from
the last line.

It does not work with FC2 Test 1, fresh install with all rawhide updates that
are available installed.

[gerry gstpc gerry]$ rpm -q xsane
xsane-0.92-5

Anyone else confirm this?  If so, I'll be glad to file a bug.

Gerry