DVD burning in FC2T1

  Well, most of the problems I've encountered with the FC2T1 (or more
specifically, the 2.6.x kernel) seem to have been covered on this list,
except for one, unless I missed it.
  There appear to be three (well, four, but I'm leaving out cdrdao for
this discussion) CD/DVD burning packages (not including gui front ends)
bundled with the distribution: cdrtools, dvdrtools, and dvd+rw-tools.
Am I missing something or are none of these appropriate for DVD burning
under the 2.6.x kernel?  From what I can tell, cdrtools (cdrecord) is
only good for CD-R[W] burning, dvdrtools is based on an old version of
cdrtools which doesn't support ATAPI devices, and I think dvd+rw-tools
also expects a scsi device.  There is a patch for the most recent
cdrecord that is supposed to make it work for DVD burning at
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~warly/files/cdrtools/archives/ that
could be applied to solve the problem, but I'm not sure it's the best
approach.
  In case anyone missed it, ide-scsi has been declared broken and is
without a maintainer and Linus believes it is an ugly hack (which I tend
to agree with).  That's why CD/DVD recording utilities now need to
support ATAPI devices.
  So has anyone figured out how to burn DVDs under the 2.6 kernel?
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator