Re: Lets take the worst of windows and make it the unchangeable defaultof linux

Z wrote:
I find it interesting that most people who dislike the new spatial mode
also add a comment that they don't actually use Nautilus. For any change
there will always be some people who don't like it. Hopefully the people
who actually use Nautilus will like it better.

I use it extensively and hate it. Plus, If you are so concerned about
the user experience, doing such a drastic change is unacceptable.

Anyway, the default behavior is decided and won't change. Maybe at some

Ohh, yes it will. At least on my desktop. I alway thought that nautilus
has become a much uglier mess than the one it was meant to fix (gmc). I
want gmc back.

point before 2.6 we'll add a preference that lets you default to
navigational mode. However, we'd like to force people to use spatial
mode in order to flush out all bugs from it (and make some people notice
that its actually nice).

I actually noticed how horrid it really is.
You'll force people to switch to KDE instead. Arrogance is not a way to
create a user community.

Though I probably wouldn't have used these exact words, my feelings are quite similar. In fact, due to this "feature" and the non-function of evolution, I decided to try KDE again and have found that it is much better than it used to be and it may become my default desktop. I had preferred Gnome for the past 9 - 12 months.

Gerry Tool