Re: up2date, mirror repositories, and performance

> Is there a similar protocol that would work in this case?
> Imagine having 50% of the desktop market.  What system would scale to
> that load?

Here is what we could really use:
1. mirroring to be more well synced - which means tiering the mirrors
2. good mirror lists that stay updated
3. a way of testing mirror status via the metadata for the packages - I
think I know how to do this last one.

-sv