Re: Why not drop the Core from Fedora Core?

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 15:44, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> I really could not understand the decision of the OS name to be Fedora
> Core. People cannot even guess what the hell it is. Is it a game? An
> ISP? A super computer?
>
> Can anyone explain why the core in fedora core? Why not Fedora Linux, or
> just Fedora 2 for the next release?

Although this is an interesting discussion, it is not relevant to this
mailing list.

Please try to keep this list focused on questions and comments related
to Fedora Core test releases.  FC2 test 1 was released last week so
there should be plenty to talk about besides naming.  I can assure you
that no one on this list has the authority to change the name at this
point anyway.  :)

Cheers,
   Brent