Re: (no subject)

On Feb 18, 2004, "Michael St. Laurent" <mikes hartwellcorp com> wrote:

> I installed Fedora Core 2 Test 1 and cannot use my PCMCIA cards.  If I try
> to do a "service pcmcia start" I get:

> Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[4183]: no sockets found!

It's been the topic of at least two threads already.  Please search
the archives.

modprobe yenta_socket, then service pcmcia restart, and it will work
until the next reboot.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva {lsd ic unicamp br, gnu.org}
Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva {redhat com, gcc.gnu.org}