Re: Dovecot configuration

David R. Fischer wrote:

Question. In trying to setup dovecot I noticed that it is trying to hit a postgresql DB. When I went looking in the rpm I see no PREIN/POSTIN creating the database. Is the SRPM just defaulting incorrectly?? or is there scripts missing?
thanks

Check your /etc/dovecot.conf for the user and pass database defaults. Dovecot ships defaulting to postgres:
auth_userdb = pgsql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-pgsql.conf
auth_passdb = pgsql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-pgsql.conf

If you dont want it using a database try something else. Shadow passwords are fine for me as Im not on the net:
auth_userdb = passwd
auth_passdb = shadow

and restart the server.

-Mark