Re: XFree86: Voodoo/Voodoo2 Driver

On 19 Feb 2004, at 00:53, Alan Cox wrote:

Wish you could do something with your old Voodoo or Voodoo2 graphics cards ?
Unable to find tools old enough to build Glide2 ?
Unable to port Glide2 to your new system ?
Want to use the 2D accelerator on the Voodoo2 ?
Want render acceleration ?

The department of retro-optimisation(*) proudly presents the 1.0 Beta release
of a Voodoo and Voodoo2 driver for XFree86 4.3.

-	640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 - and custom non glide modes
-	1024x768 on non-SLI Voodoo2
-	DGA
-	2D acceleration of most operations on Voodoo2
-	Render acceleration (Voodoo2)
-	No glide library needed
-	Supports SLI configurations although it doesnt use SLI

No DRI (yet), although if the folks hacking Glide3 can get Voodoo1/2 working
again that should be possible to do. No Xv (anyone know about YAB texture
formats so I can use them for YUV422/YCbCr ?) and no pixcache at the moment.

It may also have endian issues so I'd love to hear from parisc hackers
how well it works.

And you thought it was just another old dead video card...

ftp://people.redhat.com/alan/XFree86/Voodoo

including a compiled driver mode for Fedora Core 1 and 2T1.

I'd appreciate Fedora feedback on this hardware so I can tell if I
should try and get Mike Harris to merge it for FC2..

Alan

Alan, will this make it into FC2? I'm curious (don't own a Voodoo card myself but know a few peeps that do).

Martin Alderson,
IntechHosting

Email: martin intechhosting co uk
Web: http://www.intechhosting.co.uk