Re: Latest versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL?

Christian Hauser wrote:
Hello

I'm wondering why Fedora is not using the latest versions of MySQL (4.0.18) and PostgreSQL (7.4.1).

I see MySQL version 3.23.58 and PostgreSQL version 7.4 in Fedora Core 2 test 1. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a reason for this? If so, what's the reason?

See archives for the MySQL explination. There's a potential licensing conflict - Red Hat has opted to be conservative.

When did PostgreSQL release 7.4.1? FC2 went into feature freeze a couple of weeks before Test 1 was released. They may have missed the deadline.

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.