Re: Kernel-2.6.2-1.87 locking up computer

Tim Quinn wrote:
Hi Jim ---

Looks like your mouse is preventing X from loading.  Have you tried
making this change in your etc/X11/XF86Config file?

"Please modify Section "Input Device" End Section

Option "Device"
   "/dev/input/mice" or "/dev/input/mouse0"
(it probably reads something like "/dev/psaux" or "/dev/mouse" before
you change it to the above)

And change /etc/sysconfig/gpm file:

DEVICE; "/dev/input/mouse0" or "/dev/input/mice"

Good luck! tq

I have two input devices within my /etc/X11/XF86Config file. One of the instances was set to /dev/psaux and the second was set to /dev/input mice. I ended up leaving the second instance within the file and changed the one that pointed to "/dev/psaux" to "/dev/input/mice" also.

Thanks for the help with locating th line that was causing the latest kernel to load X properly.

Sorry for the continuation into the things with nautilus and file selection tools for applications. They should be committed to bugzilla and hopefully made to work in reasonable manners.

Now with X up and running. I can see what the problem with mounting reiserfs volumes is. I have seen a posting that said that hpfs modules are not present within the kernel either. I don't have any of those volume types fortunately.

Jim