Re: Why is NTFS disabled?

Erich Hoover wrote:

I tried before posting, unfortunately I got (and still get) this:
* redhat.com is temporarily unavailable. Please try back later.
*

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00811.html

**>* *On Thursday February 19, 2004 Erich Hoover <ehoover mines edu> wrote:
> > Kernel 2.6 claims NTFS support (even experimental write support), so why
> > is it disabled in the FC2 test kernels? There's no way I can test the
> > thing when by the time my kernel has finished compiling up2date has a
> > new kernel for me to test already.
>
> Very old subject. Please search the mail list archives for NTFS. I'm sure
> you'll find a wealth of explanations there.

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phoebe-list/2003-February/msg01509.html
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/shrike-list/2003-April/msg00310.html

shrek-m