bind configuration tools should not require sound libraries

I have a server. I like to be able to use the system-config-* tools on the server. I launch them by running X over ssh.

In order to use these tools, I must have gnome-python2 installed.
In order to install gnome-python2, I must have libbonoboui installed.
In order to have libbonoboui installed, I must have libgnome installed.
In order to have libgnome installed, I must have esound installed.
In order to have esound installed, I must have alsa-lib installed.

Therefore, in order to use the system-config-* tools on the server, I must have alsa-lib installed.

Is there any way for some of these packages to be more modular? Requiring sound libraries in order to install server configuration tools such as system-config-bind seems like too much interdependency.