Re: Sound does not work on FC 2 Test1 - FIXED (Sound Blaster Live- emu10k1 )

Vladimir Vuksan wrote:

I was able to resolve this by adding following to /etc/modprobe.conf

alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1

alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

This seems to have done the trick with Sound Blaster Live. However after everything I still got no sound since ALSA starts muted. You have to use

alsamixer

When the freshrpm's version of alsa installs under FC1, it creates entries (via alsacfg or something of that nature) for post-install and pre-remove which adjust the volume to previously saved levels, and saves it for next time (respectively). Perhaps that's just "missing" this time around?

Now if I could only keep that card as default - I also have a logitech webcam (usb) with a mic - this will occasionally get picked up and set as the default audio device. no amount of aliasing will change the order to force it as dsp1 vs dsp. Thoughts?

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.