Re: cpufreq configure

Ron Patterson wrote:

On 20 Feb 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Feb 20, 2004, Hoyt <hoyt cavtel net> wrote:

RTFM is not always a helpful answer.

"redhat.com is temporarily unavailable. Please try back later."

And this outage has been reported before on this list. You do read the list don't you? 8)

Yeah, and I checked the archive URL before posting my e-mail.  Is it
down again?  Or does it somehow work from inside Red Hat but not from
the outside?

The archive url is ok. I get the unavailable message after I click the search button. It is still unavailable as I write this.

Not being very patient, I decided to give this a try. I edited the cpuspeed config file as follows:

[root dhcppc0 root]# cat /etc/cpuspeed.conf
VMAJOR=1
VMINOR=1
DRIVER="speedstep-ich"
OPTS="-a /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/*/state -t /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature 75"

and then:

[root dhcppc0 root]# service cpuspeed start

Seems to work for me on a Dell Latitude.