Re: Kernel-2.6.2-1.87 locking up computer attempting reiserfs mount

Dave Jones wrote:
On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 02:39, Jim Cornette wrote:

When I went back to Kernel-2.6.2-1.81 and tried to manually mount the volume from a terminal, with the same command. The reiserfs would mount properly and I could access the files on the reiserfs volume.

I don't know what it is that is causing the reiserfs error, but it seems to be present in the Kernel-2.6.2-1.85 and above.

Thanks for doing the detective work, I think I've pinned down the cause
of this.  I'm just pushing 1.97 through the build system. Can you grab
that tomorrow, and see if that fixes it for you ?

Dave

I sure will give it a go. It was talked about on the regular list regarding the 2.6 kernel also. The person just changed to ext3 and "wished he could use reiserfs again".

Jim