Re: First impressions FC2-test1

Hi Patrick!

I had the same error too.

See /usr/src/linux-<version>/Documentation/cpu-freq for more details.

This scaling_governor executable is supposed to take care of scaling the cpu frequency according to your needs (provided your processor is supported)

I've got a very power hungry 2.4 GHz desktop Pentium IV cpu in my laptop and I will try to use this mechanism soon!

:-)

Michael.

4) During the boot of the system, I got a "starting cpuspeed" error: "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor ... No such file or directory". Hopefully this message is usefull, but it's abacadabra to me.

--

Michael Opdenacker
http://opdenacker.org/