Re: Problem/Solution with Discovery of Creative Labs/Ensonic PCI1371 Card.

James C. Bevier released the following into the bitstream on 02/22/04 11:59:
That also was no help.  No sound from Sound Events test.  I did a
cat junkfile >/dev/dsp and cat junkfile >/dev/audio and I get noise,
so something is working.  I am on 2.6.3-1.97smp.  System is Tyan
Tiger MP with dual 1.2 gig processors.  I am at the latest updates
to FC1-T1 as of this morning.  Any more suggestions?

Jim

I assume you mean the Gnome sound events? While I have sound from totem, xmms and xine, gnome-sound events are a no-show. I have a lot of 'Cannot connect to /tmp/.esd/socket' errors in my .xsesson-errors file, so esd seems to be broken. Maybe that's your problem as well. Unfortunately I have no solution :(

:: Marcus