Re: Trying stuff in the testing repository

Hi,

> I have an FC1 box that tracks the testing repository. With the latest updates
> it got part way through updating, failed on cpp (unpacking failed) - disk
> was mostly empty. This set of updates applied so far also broke up2date
> entirely

One thing which always did puzzle me is why, unlike Windows, neither RH
or Fedora ever checks to see if you have enough room for any install.
Surely if the rpm included the unpacked size and then did a quick check
to ensure there is enough unpacking and installing space, failed RPM
installs would be far less frequent.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong, but with
authority" - Dr Who.