RPM update to 86_64

I have seen several messages that say to get 32 bit programs to work on 64 bit to recompile the RPM's. I can't find where to look for the information on how to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also has any one gotten Netscape to work on 64 bit? It gave me an error that it needed a lib that was not on the disc's.

David McCormick