Re: kernel-2.6.3-1.100 reiserfs ok, shmat strangeness (invalid arg)

Brian Masinick wrote:
netopml newview com wrote:

davej redhat com (Dave Jones) writes:

looking into it. theres at least 1 report in bugzilla of this breaking X
too.

Count me in...

I have 2.6 kernels available for 3 systems; Fedora Core 2, Test 1, Mandrake 10.0 Beta 2, and Debian. In all three cases, I can boot the system, but I can't run X. Perhaps the problem is not unique to the Fedora Project.

Reiserfs works now! But regarding dmesg relating to the X not starting problem. I am getting this excerpt in dmesg.

atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: This is an XFree86 bug. It shouldn't access hardware directly.

I'm running the smp version on a uniprocessor machine. I don't know if this happens with the non-smp kernel yet. X is working for me.

Maybe helpful, but probably nothing to do with X not starting on some machines.

Jim