Re: Still Problems/Solution with Discovery of Creative Labs/EnsonicPCI 1371 Card.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:16:02 -0500, Peter A. Banks wrote:

> Just for grins, (being unemployed I have lots of time) I deleted the hwconf
> file in /etc/syscconfig directory and the lines in the modprobe file to
> determine if  kudzu would properly discover my Creative Labs/Ensonic PCI
> 1371 Card. (I update my Fedora system everyday.) Now kudzu selects the right
> driver in the "alias sound-slot-0 snd-ens1371" statement but the install
> sound-slot-0 state does not load the driver.

It would get loaded automatically upon accessing the ALSA audio driver
device file. If, however, you only tried applications that access e.g.
/dev/dsp (supported by ALSA's OSS layer), the native ALSA driver would not
be loaded.