System-config-soundcard now detects alsa.

I made a statement that I tried system-config-soundcard and it only testd for oss. I just tried using system-config-soundcard and it played a test sound successfully.

I am trying out some of the assistive technologies available from Gnopernicus and gnome-speech and was wondering if either a text functionality will be added to the program or if there could be a shortcut key for the blind to be able to configure the sound by using certain keystrokes selected by default. Being able to adjust soundlevels would be a great aid also for adjusting the sound with selected shortcut keys.

Also, I was able to get gedit to read text that I cut from my mailer and pasted into gedit. Are there very many programs in the distribution that are assistive technology compatible?

Jim