Re: Running Apt

Matthias Saou wrote:

jim tate wrote :

I am trying to run apt and have the following listing in the sources.lists , but comes back
and say's it Failed, when I do a Update, is listing below correct or is it wrong.

Jim Tate

/etc/apt/sources.lists

# Add any local / 3rd party repositories here..

rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/test/i386/ core updates
#rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core updates

There are no separate "updates" for development, so you should simply use :

# Fedora Core Development
rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core

Matthias

 I put this line in my /etc/apt/sources.list
rpm http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/ core
then I do a :   apt-get update and I get this error message, what gives?

"E: Malformed line in source lists /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)"

I use apt-0.5.15cnc5-0.fdr.7 with linux-2.6.1-1.65

Thanks Jim Tate