Really strange problem with the 2.6.x kernels

Hi,

Up to last night, I was happily running a version of the 2.6.2 kernel
I'd compiled myself. It worked well.

I attempted to run the 2.6.3-109 kernel. X wouldn't fire up as /dev/
psaux couldn't be found. Damn, says I, and tried to go back to the 2.6.2
kernel. For some reason, the keyboard locked immediately after selecting
the 2.6.2 kernel from grub. X started fine, but with no mouse or
keyboard.

Reset and moved back to the 2.4.24 kernels and all is well again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

TTFN

Paul

--
"Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority"
Dr Who