Re: VMWARE ethernet + sound

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:25:44 -0600, Clete Blackwell 2 <other clete2 com> wrote:

I don't think it really matters what is loaded now, really. Anyways, lsmod
( I think that's the one that checks what modules are loaded ) is not in my
PATH, so what directory is it in?

It says I have some 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] card in eth0 (which is the fake
card of vmware, but it's not the right one, as it's not working).

I get this when /etc/init.d/network start ing:

[clete2 localhost init.d]$ su
Password: <entered password>
[root localhost init.d]# ./network start (in the /etc/init.d folder)
Setting network parameters: [ OK ]
Bringing up loopback interface: [ OK ]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0... failed; no link present. Check cable?
[FAILED]
[root localhost init.d]#

U've setup FC to get an IP from the DHCP server that vmware should be running. What king of network connection did u select for the Virtual Machine ?